WW1-WW2 Era 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen’s Bays) Cap Badge CB.1001
All of our items come with a 14 day approval period, in which you can return an item for any reason providing the item is received in the same condition it was sent. A full refund (less return postage) will be issued as soon as the item has arrived safely to us.
1 in stock
The 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen’s Bays) were cavalry regiment of the British Army. Formed in 1685 by the Earl of Peterborough as the Earl of Peterborough’s Regiment of Horse by merging four existing troops of horse.
The regiment was renamed several times, evolving into a Dragoon unit in 1746 (Dragoons being mounted infantry equipped with lighter, faster horses and carrying firearms) and later named the 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen’s Bays) in 1767 to reflect the custom of its soldiers riding only bay horses.
The regiment served as horse cavalry until 1937, when it became a light role mechanised unit.
After the Second World War, the regiment amalgamated with the 1st King’s Dragoon Guards in 1959 to form the 1st The Queen’s Dragoon Guards. The regiment became part of the Royal Armoured Corps in 1939.
Kings crown, all brass, lug fitting.
Goods are sent within 2 working days via a reputable worldwide insured and tracked delivery service.